Favorite holiday getaways
November 30, 2021
We’re firm believers that everyone should find time at the end of the year to escape and enjoy time reminiscing and enjoying the calm winter season. Savoring time and relaxing with your partner can be one of the best ways to recharge during the holidays.
Today we’re reviewing our favorite US holiday getaway destinations, from quiet mountain getaways to coastal resorts.
For the Mountain Lover
01 | Devil’s Thumb Ranch
- A tucked-away haven in Colorado, Devil’s Thumb Ranch is the ultimate Colorado experience with luxurious activities, amenities, and culinary experiences no matter the season.
02 | Amangani
- In the foothills of the Grand Tetons, near Jackson Hole, Amangani looks out across the mountains and plains of the Snake River Valley. Evoking the pioneering spirit of the Old West in its redwood and sandstone architecture, the all-season retreat invites guests to discover outdoor adventure and extraordinary natural beauty.
03 | Brush Creek Ranch
- A place to relax and connect, Brush Creek Ranch showcases incredible wide-open spaces that showcase the best of the American Wes. From horseback riding to skiing and shooting sports, there is something for everyone to partake in.
For the Desert Soul
04 | Amangiri
- In a desert landscape of canyons, mesas, ridges and gorges, the modernist Suites of Amangiri offer an inspiring welcome to one of the world’s most dramatic secluded settings on 600 acres. Amangiri is the ultimate luxury getaway based in Canyon Point.
05 | L’Auberge de Sedona
- Filled with immersive healing experiences, culinary excellence, and local art, L’Auberge de Sedona is a beautiful resort inspired by the natural Arizona beauty.
- Surrounded by the Torolita Mountains canyons, the Ritz-Carlton in Dove Mountain is filled with natural desert beauty, luxury spas, and incredible swimming pool complexes, the perfect getaway for any couple.
For the New England Explorer
07 | Twin Farms
- Twin Farms is filled with 300 acres of woods, meadows, and mountains to fill up any nature lover’s cup on this secluded estate. Just outside the property, you’ll find beautiful New England antique shops and historic parks to explore.
08 | The Roundtree
- A charming getaway, The Roundtree is a quintessential boutique East Hampton getaway perfect for those looking for a peaceful retreat.
09 | The Wauwinet
- A historic Nantucket hotel, the Wauwinet is the perfect resort for the old soul ready to revel in historic architecture topped with seaside activities and perfect coastal sunsets.
For the Southern Escape
- Head to The Cloister tucked away on a private island with beautiful suites and miles of quiet coastline to explore for an elegant beach escape.
- Montage Palmetto Bluff is the idyllic southern escape filled with nature preserves, southern dining, golfing, and bike riding in South Carolina’s Low Country.
12 | Blackberry Mountain
- An environmentally conscious resort in the Smoky Mountains, Blackberry Mountain showcases wellness and culinary events for all of life’s significant events and holidays.
Where will you be going on your holiday getaway? Please share with us in the comments below.
Head here to view more AOP couple resources.