Happy September Friends!
Fall is ramping up and a busy September and October are about to fill my life in all the good ways! I’m excited, but also need to do lots of preparing! Plus…I always get excited to see all the leaves change colors! Cue all the happy dancing!
But before I move on to this month’s goals, I took a moment to update what progress was made on my August goals. Confession…August was a hard month, but progress was made!
– Run the #GSMHalf and explore the Great Smoky Mountains with my friends!
– Photograph a beautiful wedding in South Carolina! Can’t wait for this one!
– Finish reading People Over Profit (I’m soooo close to finishing this one from last month)!
– Reread Essentialism. This book is full of so much goodness! I think I need to reread it every year to remind myself what is important.
– Reread How to Win Friends and Influence People. This is another great one! When I first saw the title of this book I was skeptical, but it turned out to be amazing. Check it out!
– Shoot one roll of personal film
– Spend more time outdoors….go on at least two hikes this month! I want to savor as much outdoor time as I can get before winter comes.
– Track my hours and start making more realistic work days!
What are your September goals friends? I’d love to hear about them!
It’s August! I don’t know where you live, but here in Athens, GA August = ALL the college students coming back in town! This essentially means I hibernate for a few weeks and avoid Target like the plague till everyone is settled into their routines! Do other college town folks feel this way too?
But…this is good because I have lots of really GOOD things going on this month, and the months ahead to prep for! So no time for random Target shopping sprees!
For those of you who don’t know me….I LOVE goal planning. Actually, let me rephrase, I love intentionally planning my life. This is such a key part of my life. It allows me to make sure I set aside time for the most important things….relationships and personal time! Which I think aligns well for my August focus word (that’s right…I have monthly focus words!): Purpose
Go on a vacation! Like an actual vacation where I don’t work!!!! DONE!
Read People Over Profit
Progress: Half way through this book! Need to finish in September!
Read Cultivate DONE!
Update: Did not start the contentment challenge….reassessing in September!
Implement a running routine for this awesome race in September (Bring on two of my favorite things…National Parks AND running!)!
Progress: Got up to running 8 miles! Didn’t implement a whole running routine, but I feel good about my progress.
Start dancing again with my favorite crew of ladies! DONE!
Finish Erich McVey’s photography course (So so so good! I highly recommend this to all my photographer friends out there)
Progress: Did not finish the complete course, but did get through a few more chapters!
Shoot one roll of personal film
Update: Did not shoot any personal rolls of film, but did participate in an amazing stylized shoot…more to come soon!
What are your August goals? I’d love to hear them!
P.S. – For all my goal oriented friends….check out the PowerSheets! They’re amazing! I’ve used these for the past 3 years and they have truly changed the way I set goals.
Happy August y’all!