Happy March Friends!
I don’t know about you but I’m excited for a few key things this month: Daylight Savings Time and SPRING! Yup…this is really what I am most excited about this month! Bring on the extra daylight!
Winter is always a rough season for me. The dark dreary days, cold weather, and little sunlight are a recipe for sluggishness and exhaustion. I experience this every Winter, yet each year it catches me off guard. So the fact that I’ll be getting a little more sunshine and longer days fills my soul with happiness!
The first few months of 2019 were filled with lots of organizing, a dear family loss, moving, and setting good intentions and routines for the year ahead. With some deep digging and evaluations I’m starting to get more traction right about now. And with more sunshine and brighter days ahead, I’m happy to start more openly sharing my intentions in each sector of my life (personal, graduate school, and photography) with you all each month!
March 2019 Intentions
Completed Intentions are
Intentions in progress have bolded updates next to them!
- Continue working on implementing a night time/ morning routine that works for me. Reading the Miracle Morning really inspired me to give my mornings more structure and I’ve been working on this for the past month. This month I want to try incorporating some of the nighttime meditations with the Headspace app and utilize Sleep Pillow.
- Update: This is still a work in progress…I have been having better evening routines, but I’m still not in a place where I am happy with my morning and evening routines. This will be something I continue to work on in April.
- Start half marathon training
- Update: I got behind on my running routines. This is something I need to work on more deeply in April and I think I’ll gave a much better time with this now that it’s getting warmer outside.
Participate in giving up social media during the Lent season (March 6 – April 18) to focus on a lot of deep work. More to come on this tomorrow!
- Update: This has been SO good! It’s been refreshing to spend more time focusing on my work and not getting distracted by what others are doing. I’ve still been sharing some planned content, but haven’t been consuming anything and it’s been incredible during this season. I’ll be continuing this through a good portion of April as well!
Finish unpacking and settle into my new home!
- Update: I’ve been settling in and have finished unpacking. Now I’m ready for Spring and excited to plant some flowers outside.
- Read 4 books!
- Update: Read 2 books! A little behind this month.
Grad School Intentions:
Prepare and have a successful committee meeting
- Update: Had a great meeting with good feedback and direction on how to move forward!
Submit a conference abstract
- Update: Done! Now I’m just waiting to hear back on if it’s accepted!
Submit several grant applications
- Update: Done! Now I’m just waiting to hear back.
Continue collecting and analyzing data for my projects
- Update: Good progress was made, this is an ongoing process!
Have a successful branding shoot to show more of the beautiful heirloom and ancestry work happening here at AOP!
- Update: Done! This shoot was everything I was hoping for and more, I can’t wait to see the images and video from it.
- Write blog posts and share more on building an intentional marriag
- Update: Have posts in the pipeline, but didn’t write as many as I would have liked to so that’s going to be a big focus for April.
- Work on preparing a genealogy guide for YOU!
- Update: This is quite the undertaking, I’ll be working on this for several more months I’m imagining. I want it to be truly easy to use and a perfect addition to your personal ancestry journey.
Photograph a sweet wedding
- Update: Done! Wedding days are my favorite and this one was one of the greatest to date. Can’t wait to share images with you all soon.
I’d love to hear what your intentions are this March. Share with me what intention you are most looking forward to this month below in the comments.