Y’all it snowed in Georgia today…well, not AT my house…but in the state! This is a rarity for us! It’s finally starting to feel like Winter around here. It’s hard to get in the Christmas sprit when it’s 70 degrees outside, anyone else feel me? And (a little FYI) I have ZERO snow or winter photos because I live in Georgia…so here instead I give you this interesting plant. 😉
Now that it’s WINTER…I’ve been working on making my own Christmas/Winter traditions since I spend most my holidays away from home (my closest family is in Kansas City). For the longest time, I didn’t invest in trying to start any Christmas traditions with myself because I’m not married and I don’t have kids. But I’ve been living on my own and out of college for ~ 7 years…so I think it’s time to start some traditions! Who says you have to be married or have a family to really get into some Christmas traditions?!?!?!
So, I’m excited to share with you my Christmas traditions:
- Get a REAL tree!
- Make a Christmas Orange Garland. It’s so easy to do, and it smells amazing!
- Read each day from my advent book! I love this one! Helps me stay focused on the importance of Christmas.
- Hide the elf back and forth with my roommate! Yes, we’re adults…
- Go look for Christmas lights and drink hot chocolate!
- Take #peabodythewheaten to visit Santa! Yup…I’m that person! Each year Petsmart has a Santa, so I pretty much have no option but to take advantage of this!
Please share what you and your family do! Or just share what you do…you don’t have to be married or have kids to have Christmas traditions! I’d love to know!!! I’m always looking for fun new ways to get in the Christmas spirit!